We are SUPER excited to announce that this week and next we will be working with The Spirit of Manchester Festival to host some very special Spirit of Manchester Markets.
The markets will take place on Saturday 20th and Saturday 27th September and as well as the usual roster of 50 fantastic traders (with a fashion and flea theme on 20th and a general “anything goes” theme on 27th) we’ve managed to wangle some extra stalls for organisations working in the community. The stalls will allow groups to showcase their work to new audiences in whatever way they choose – from handing out flyers on ways to get involved to demonstrations of the skills they are building.
The groups who will be at the market include:
- BHA Arise – Providing information about sexual health services for BMI communities
- Inspire Centre Levenshulme – With details of the projects and opportunities available through Levenshulme’s very own community space
- Jamtan Drumming – A local drumming group who are always looking for new members and will be doing demonstrations throughout the day
- Levenshulme Youth Project – Working with young men and women in Levenshulme
- Red Cross – Providing information about their work and demonstrations of first aid throughout the day
- Saheli – A group working with Asian women who are victims of domestic violence
- Stitched Up – Providing sewing workshops to help people save money and waste by remaking and remodelling old clothes
- Woodcraft Folk- Raising awareness of the local Woodcraft group and helping to raise funds for the Hope Foundation
The Spirit of Manchester Festival is taking place from the 19th-28th September and is being co-ordinated by Manchester Community Central (MACC) as a celebration of the fantastic on-going work of the volunteer and community sector across the city.
If you have any queries regarding the festival then please visit their website at www.spiritofmanchesterfestival.uk.
Please come down to support the amazing work these groups are doing, learn more and get into the Spirit of Manchester!