UPDATE: Deadline extended – we are now accepting entries for this competition until Saturday 10th March at 5pm and our mindful art workshops for kids and adults alike to get inspiration (and art materials) will take place at the Market on the same day.
The eagle eyed amongst you might have noticed that we have got a bit of a new look for the new market year – we hope you like it! We’ve also got a whole year of exciting five year anniversary events lined up – more news on those very very soon – but, as we know, Levy Market is all about the people who have shown us their custom over the last five years and so we need YOU to help us mark it (mark-it, mark-et, geddit?).
Design our five year anniversary logo
So we have a brand new spanking logo, and we ? it, but we still don’t feel it really screams “We ? are ? five!” – that’s where you come in! We want you to take the bare bones of our new logo and pimp it, preen it, titivate and enhance it so that it truly encapsulates the spirit of five years of the Market – everything we have been and where we are going, everything Levenshulme and, most of all, what we mean to YOU. You don’t need to be a professional designer (although you’re welcome to enter if you are) but you do need to be passionate about Levenshulme and the Market.
We will be taking entries in three age categories:
- 16 and under
- 17 and over
And the winner in each category will get:
- A £20 Market voucher
- A framed high quality print of their design
- A mug, t-shirt and bag with their design on – all of which will also be available for sale to the general public later in 2018, with their name and/or social media (or other credit of their choosing)*
- Endless kudos on the streets of Lev AND the knowledge that we will use their logo where appropriate throughout the year with their name and/or social media credit (or other credit of their choosing).
How to enter
Entries need to be submitted by 4pm on Saturday 10th March 2018 in one of two ways:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – please ensure your email has the subject line “five year anniversary logo entry” and that you mark your age, name and contact details in the body of the email
- Paper copy entry at the Market on 10th March – by handing to the Owl and the Coconut team before 2pm or to the Market staff (the ones in the delightful tabards) before 5pm. Please ensure that you include your age, name and contact details (including an email address for you or a parent or guardian if you are under 18) in the body of the email.
We have provided several versions of the base logo, which your design must be based on – we will not accept your entry unless you use the designs we supply as your starting point (sorry!):
- A .jpg file that can be used on computer design software
- A .png file that can be used on computer design software
- An .eps file that can be used on FANCY computer design software
- A .pdf that can be printed out and embellished by hand
- A Word document that can be printed out and embellished by hand
What do you do after that? IT’S UP TO YOU! Be creative, push the boundaries of space and time, embrace existential quandaries and the meaning of life and you’ll be half way there to what we’re after (no pressure, eh?).
Need a little help?
We will be hosting FREE mindful art workshops on the 10th of March for children and adults alike who need a little help channelling their inner Market. The team from The Owl and The Coconut CIC will be at the Market from 10am – 2pm with print-outs for you to embellish, art supplies a-plenty and support for you and/or your little ones as you put your creative ideas into action.