Market Operations Coordinator
Hours: 9-17.5 hours per week (max 17.5 during term time)
Pay: £11-£12 per hour
Levenshulme Market is a volunteer-run market that operates every week between March and December. We are a social enterprise, with a community first approach.
Levenshulme Market CIC invites applications for the part-time position of ‘Market Operations Coordinator’. This is a permanent, on-site position.
The role aligns with market trading months, which is currently March-December every year and spans across our three markets: with particular focus on leading and taking responsibility for our city centre, University of Manchester, Tuesday market.
All Tuesday markets and every weekend (every Saturday and then one Friday night market which is every 3rd Friday of the month when there is a break in the Saturday event).
Holiday allowance will be in place.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will:
- Liaise with the market manager to collect all information for the University of Manchester weekly lunchtime market, including stall listings, electricity requirements and trader contact details and share confirmed itinerary with casual staff.
- Plan the layout of the University of Manchester weekly lunchtime market with support from the Operational Manager and share with market management in advance of market Day.
- Supervising the work of the casual staff on market day and providing an authoritative lead on our Tuesday University market to ensure smooth running.
- Adhere to our health and safety risk assessments and ensure that any equipment that is used on market day is safe and working well.
- Ensure that all electrical cabling is installed safely via a 3-phase generator and distribution panel. Electrical training and support will be provided by Operational Manager.
- Help with set-up and take down of gazebos, tables, and electrics for all market dates. Holiday allowance will be in place.
- Ensure that the market site looks presentable, litter free, visually appealing and that equipment is kept clean and attractive.
- Support the market management in identifying problems and potential issues that need raising in a weekly call. Also, recognising individual trader requirements and sharing these with all staff to ensure that traders are appropriately placed on market days.
- Work with the market manager to ensure you are aware of any entertainment bookings for market day and provide support in making sure equipment is working and available. Be on hand to provide technical help via email with support from Operations Manager.
- Write social media posts and record live content on market day to help promote the market buzz across our social platforms, with support prompts provided by market manager.
- Support Operations Manager with market reports when necessary for action by the market managers and access by directors.
Essential Skills and Experience
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience or interest in leading a team on event days
- A high level of self-organisation, being able to prioritise tasks, manage own workload and multiple streams of work
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes including, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience of/enthusiasm for social media marketing
- Problem solving and being able to action quick solutions
- A fine eye for detail and observation on markets and promptly feedback
Informal inquiries about the position may be made to email@example.com.
Applications should be made by submitting your CV and a brief statement outlining your suitability for the role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As an equal opportunity’s employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The closing date for applications is midnight 25th September 2022, all successful applications will progress to an interview stage.