Levenshulme Market Shop & Go is our new market model for the social distancing era.
In order to incorporate a number of measures intended to keep our customers, staff and traders safe, the market will be operating in a slightly different form for a little while.
Here are the main points:
- This is a socially distanced market, with separate entry and exit points and various markers and signage to help customers browse the stalls and make their purchases while keeping safe.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers on entry.
- Customer access will be monitored and restricted to ensure the market space doesn’t get too crowded.
- There will be a one-way system around the space for browsing, allowing customers to safely spend as much time at the market as they need without missing out on anything.
- Any eating, drinking or socialising will also have to take place away from the market.
- There will only be contactless payments onsite.
- We’re encouraging customers to browse with their eyes rather than with their hands.
This is a work in progress, one to which we expect to be reacting and adapting as necessary when changes in the government medical guidance are announced or if unforeseen factors require us to make some changes to how we operate.
You can find the planned dates for our Shop & Go markets here and we’ll be announcing our stall list each week here on our site as well as via our social media chanels.
Sadly, our night markets, usually held on the third weekend of the month, have been cancelled for the time being. Once we feel it’s safe to begin running them again we’ll make sure to be in touch.
If you have any questions about Shop & Go please feel free to get in touch.