As we enter our sixth year of operation, Levenshulme Market is embarking on a new era – building on our successes to develop into a sustainable organisation that will serve our community for many years to come.
In order to strengthen and broaden our expertise we are now looking to appoint a new director.
The deadline to apply has been extended to midnight on Monday 18th March 2019. Please read the below and email email@example.com to apply.
Director of Community and Trader Liaison, Levenshulme Market CIC
This person is responsible for:
● Communication between the traders and the directors to ensure everyone feels they have a voice in our operations and strategy.
● Co-ordinating the Annual Trader Forum. A chance for our traders to feedback in more depth and help us improve the way we work.
● Meet with key community stakeholders to understand how the market is impacting on the area and think about ways that we can enhance the positive impact we have on local businesses, community groups and residents.
● Co-ordinating the Annual Community Forum. A chance for local community groups to feedback in more depth and help us improve the way we work.
● Working with the Market Manager and the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop community and commercial partnerships that financially benefit the market.
Responsibilities of all market directors
The directors of the market have specialist areas that they provide guidance on to the Market Manager and the Operations Team. They meet once a month for two hours – in this instance the candidate would report back on community and trader liaison activities.
The directors of the market are unpaid.
Each market director also takes a rotated position for six months every two years as the Director of Operations, whereby they will work more closely with the staff to understand the processes by which the market is run, take overall responsibility for meetings and act as a line manager to the Market Manager.
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in joining us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary of your background, suitability to the role and why you would like to be involved. We look forward to hearing from you!
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 18th March 2019.