Senior Market Operations Coordinator / Part-time / 2-19.5 hours per week
Levenshulme Market is an award-winning volunteer-run market that operates every week between March and December across two locations. We are a social enterprise, with a community first approach and we celebrate our 10th year in 2023 – so it’s an exciting time to join our team.
This is a permanent part-time position, with remuneration of £12 per hour rising to £13 per hour post probation.
The post holder will work with the Directors of Levenshulme Market CIC, the Market Manager and casual support staff to manage the safe and effective delivery of our market events.
Your hours of work will range from 2-19.5 hours per week at dates and times pre-arranged with the Market Manager and Operations Director. This is broken down below:
- You will work 2 hour per week (home-based administration) January and February (inclusive) when both markets are closed
- You will work 11 hours per week March to December (inclusive) outside of University of Manchester terms times (onsite on either a Saturday or Friday dependent on market date and 2 hours home-based admin)
- You will work 19.5 hours per week March to December (inclusive) during University of Manchester term times when the Bridgeford Street Market is operating (onsite on a Tuesday and either a Saturday or Friday dependent on market date and 2 hours home-based admin)
The post holder will be based on site at Levenshulme Market and will be able to undertake home working for supporting admin.
Holiday allowance will be in place and discussed at interview.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will:
● Supervise the setting up of the market including gazebos, trader electrics requirements, customer seating, taking responsibility for ensuring that all tasks on the staff duties checklist are completed in a timely manner before a market.
● Supervise the work of the casual staff on market day and provide an authoritative lead to ensure smooth running of each event.
● Act as a first point of contact for market traders when they arrive onsite – answering queries, resolving any issues and providing a high standard of customer service at all times.
● Review market layouts shared by the Market Manager to ensure they meet with operational needs and limits, working with the Market Manager to make any changes necessary.
● Create social media content on market days to capture the event buzz across our social platforms, with support prompts provided by the Market Manager.
● Monitor weather conditions and advise the market team if action needs to be taken to ensure safe delivery of markets.
● Monitor any equipment breakages/upgrades needed and report to the Market Manager for replacement.
● Monitor and maintain generator fuel and oil levels.
● Submit short template reports to share with the Market Manager after each market providing general event feedback including footfall, weather conditions, equipment issues.
● Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the health and safety policy is put into practice; preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health, support with adequate training to ensure employees are competent to do their work, provide advice and supervision on occupational health, implement emergency procedures, maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
● Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the risk assessment policy is put into practice; support with adequate training to ensure employees are competent to handle equipment safely, ensure staff can identify any risks for personal injury to both customers and staff, monitor and manage risks caused by adverse weather conditions, monitor and manage risks caused by electrical hook-ups and gas powered equipment.
● Other tasks as required by the role on an ad hoc basis.
● Experience in manual handling and erecting of equipment for events within tight deadlines.
● A willingness to work sometimes in adverse weather conditions.
● A good level of physical fitness/strength is required to enable the erection of gazebos and other manual work
● Experience of prioritising and organising your own workload and working to deadlines
● Experience in supervising staff to ensure they feel supported and able to do the tasks in hand
● Experience of working with people to provide a high standard of customer service
● Experience in maintaining electrical equipment and understanding the requirements for running a generator safely
● An understanding of risk assessments – how to write and adhere to assessments that properly reflect the risks and needs of the business
● Flexibility and adaptability to new circumstances and change.
● Experience in working in markets
● Experience in creating social media content
● Qualified in first aid and understanding fire risk
Interested in applying?
Applications should be made by submitting your CV and a brief statement outlining your suitability for the role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As an equal opportunity’s employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Informal inquiries about the position can be made to email@example.com.
Please apply before Friday 9th June.