The following people are trained fire marshals:
- Sean McAuley, Senior Market Operative
At least one of these marshals will be on site at all times and will take responsibility for the following, in the event of a fire:
- Giving evacuation orders and supervising evacuations – if either of the fire marshals give the order to evacuate they must be obeyed under all circumstances.
- Contacting the fire service and other emergency services
- Tackling small fires
In the event of a fire:
- ALL staff must report to a fire marshal for further instructions which will usually include:
- All shoppers to be evacuated from the site in a calm and safe manner – EVACUATION POINT: Outside the front door of Al Waalis Restaurant
- Regular stall holders to help us with the evacuation of customers – the following stall holders have agreed to this in advance:
- Coffee Cranks
- Winter Tarn Farm
- The Buttery
- All stall holders to evacuate the site in a calm and safe manner
- No stall holders or customers allowed back on site until a fire marshal declares it safe to do so.